Friday, March 16, 2012

Jump rope

So, jumping rope for 30 minutes burns over 500 calories. No shit. Accuracy acquired from my Polar FT4 heart rate monitor. It's a wonderful tool, if you feel like splurging (or you have a birthday coming up). I use it all the time. I used to be ridiculously awful at jumping rope. No, really, I'd get made of for it in elementary school. So now, I go out of my way to be good at it. Ideally, I'd look like a boxer. Fast rope jumping. And, I don't have to go to the gym. So that's nice too.

So far today, I've done mostly leg lifts, glute exercises, etc. Now that I've stopped lifting weights and I'm more focused on cutting down on fat/cutting weight, I'm really paranoid that I'll lose the ass I've worked so hard for. That's one of the areas of my body that I'm really proud of, because sweat for it. I have a peachy butt. It looks great in pretty much anything, or when I'm not wearing anything at all. God forbid I am ever one of those thin girls with a flat ass. Disgusting. Or a flat ass that looks like so much pancake batter poured into a plastic bag. Hell no. I'll do lunges until I pass out before I look like that.

I'm reading articles and avoiding leaving my apartment and watching more Supersize vs. Superskinny. I think this is my second or third time watching all four seasons all the way through. It's my personal mini-marathon. Probably not healthy, but whatever, I'm also working out and doing research/schoolwork at the same time, which is all I ever ask of myself anyway. After this last week, I just want to take a day off and rest. Spring break is next week, so at least I won't have anything new to do.

1 comment:

  1. Ohmygosh, you just got me addicted to this show. I've been watching it on Youtube for four hours. I love you.

    ReplyDelete