Thursday, July 26, 2012

Being happy is better than being sad

Happiness is a choice. I know some of you might not believe me, but with the last two years of my life finally under my belt, finally processed and stripped for meaning, I can honestly say that I choose to be happy, no matter what happens to me, around me, or because of me.

I'm just as committed to starving as I ever was, but it's for a sense of purity, not necessarily because I don't feel like I have any other options. It finally doesn't matter. You have no idea how long it's taken me to say those words out of peace, not in anger or desperation. It doesn't matter. It does not matter, I do not care.

It's like I've found this hidden ability, this new super power that I had all along. It just took a lot of humility to finally release it. I'm doing this for me, not because I feel like I have to, or because I think it will magically make my life better. I'm doing this because I want to do it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment