Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Whoa, Black Betty

I had the best personal training session of my life today. We started with the rowing machine for ten minutes and then moved on to squats - yes, good old-fashioned, keep-your-back-straight-if-you-don't-want-to-hurt-yourself squats. My form is fucking perfect. Finally. Three sets of six at seventy-some pounds with killer form. My ass has never looked better. Then, we moved on to bench press. Three sets of ten at my highest weight ever! I didn't even need help with spotting - I just powered through those like a killer. Thrilled with my progress.

Who's a neurotic, competitive little psycho? I'm a neurotic competitive little psycho.

After that, we finished the last 30 minutes with a totally functional workout. Jump squats, lunges, incline push-ups, jumping jacks, high-knee sprints, bounding, burpees, and mountain climbers. We finished off with three types of shoulder lifts and ended with abs and stretching. I burned close to 700 calories. It was glorious. I can barely walk up stairs and washing my hair was an absolute nightmare.

It's always a good feeling when you earn the right to be sore the next morning. Can't wait til I roll out of my bed groan. I'm back down to 137 today, post-workout. Listening to Black Betty by Spiderbait. Puts me in a good mood.

I'm not going back to therapy. Yeah, I keep flip-flopping, and I know I'll change my mind again in a month. But I'm not going until I've at least gotten down to 135. I'll strongly consider going back once Christmas break is over. Made up my mind.

So far, I've eaten fairly clean today. Had half a peanut butter & jelly sandwich this morning because I was in a rush (I have to wake up at 6am to make my training session on time). Had a romaine salad with black beans, mushrooms, and cheese. I also had whole-wheat pasta with low-sugar spaghetti sauce. Later I'm having tilapia and mixed vegetables. Still loading up on the tea. 10 days to go until December 11th, and I have to hit 135 before then! Wish me luck!

(P.S. - thanks to everyone who reads this blog - It feels great to know that I'm not alone, and that there really are people who understand everything this entails. You're amazing.)

1 comment:

  1. I also love that song. A song best listened to loud! lol. Wow that exercise routine sounds killer. but 700 calories is great :)

    ReplyDelete