Back when I weighed 190 pounds, my breasts were miraculously perky 36-DD's. They were huge and uncomfortable, but they were also "pretty." Now, 50 pounds later, they are 34-A's. And I've almost completely destroyed any fat/tissue deposits in them, so I look like a 34-year-old who's had two kids. I'm 23. My boobs should still be perky. I have the breasts of a female body-builder, which makes perfect sense as I lift more than literally any other woman I know personally (except my trainer, who has fake tits). Did you know that 95% of the women in the fitness industry have fake breasts? I used to think it was for extreme vanity. Now I see that it's just to replace what they've had to destroy on their journey to six-pack abs. I really, really hate my breasts.
So, to make myself feel better about this and hopefully halt or reverse some of the damage, I've elected to cease upper-body workouts. No push-ups, no bench press, nothing that could work my pecs. Most women go their whole lives without being able to bench 100 pounds. I can go for six months for the sake of an experiment. In addition, I'm also going to start back on birth control, which, depending on the type and dosage, should help my breasts fill out again. Last time I went on them, I increased by almost an entire cup size (but they all affect people differently). If I had the money, I'd strongly consider having surgery. Not even to go bigger, just fuller. I miss having perky boobs.
Advice/Consolation/Commiseration?
Serious commiseration. I think birth control will def give you a hand with the issue. I have an ongoing battle with my breasts and really just want them to disappear along with the rest of my fat. Not ALL the way, I still want something to stuff into a pushup bra at times, but enough to go braless or jogging without wearing 17 bras to increase support. They're unmanagable and uncomfortable :(
ReplyDeleteSo I guess I'm at the end of the spectrum where you were at 190 pounds. I get you there. But I hope everything works out with the BC - every woman deserves to feel feminine, and if thats what it takes, get yours :)
When I began taking birth control again after being off it for six months, my breasts increased a whole cup size. I think it happens to a lot of women. I always thought that doing chest exercises would help to make your breasts appear larger because you are layering muscle, but I don't know. If only it were possible to choose where you lose fat :/
ReplyDeleteAll my support,
Dainty
I grew up in a city where plastic surgery is totally ok. I honestly think that if something would make you happy then you should do it. I've also grown up having DD's since I was 15 (and even when I was skinny)...having huge boobs suck. I wish there could be a natural happy medium but it seems like there never is :( I would definitely consider birth control, it really does seem to help with the breast issue
ReplyDeleteI'll trade breasts with you. No matter what I do, they're the last to go. I hate it when people look at them instead of my face while I'm speaking (and I mostly wear turtlenecks...). I suppose you could try birth control, but they do fuck up your hormones and cause mood swings, which is why I stopped taking them.
ReplyDelete